This article is a good reminder of the basic security protections you need to have in place, especially as we begin the holiday shopping season. OK, you probably already started... So review these tips!
- Don't be stupid. Avoid bad links, don't visit questionable Web sites, don't fall for phishing scams, and don't download from unknown sources.
- Use different/smarter passwords (help with that?).
- Be careful what you store.
- Use protection, including antivirus software, secure connections (HTTPS), and two-factor authentication (2FA) where possible.
- Keep your software updated.
These tips are not a 100 percent complete list of everything you need to do, but it gets most of them right.